PHA-Exchange> Infact is now Corporate Accountability International

Megan Rising MRising at STOPCORPORATEABUSE.ORG
Thu Dec 2 09:26:23 PST 2004

Corporate Accountability International
<http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/cms/index.cfm>
<http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/img/headerphoto.jpg>
 <http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/spacer.gif> 	Take Action
<http://www.stopcorporateabusenow.org/stopcorporateabuse/home.html> |
Donate Now <https://www.securewebexchange.com/infact.org/donatenow.html>
| Contact Us <http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/cms/page1094.cfm>

Dear PHM,

I'm proud to unveil the new name of Infact: Corporate Accountability
International. The mission and purpose of the organization remain the
same, but as we expand our work to protect people around the world from
irresponsible and dangerous corporate actions, our new name and logo
will help our organizing reach millions more people like you.

Over the past 27 years, our organization has grown into an international
force that successfully challenges corporations that profit at the
expense of our health, our human rights and our natural resources. Our
new name will help us better communicate our life-saving work, record of
success, campaigns and momentum as a membership organization.

With the 40th ratification of the Framework Convention on Tobacco
Control (FCTC) on 30 November 2004-and the treaty's entry into
force-Corporate Accountability International will continue to campaign
for ratification and implementation of the FCTC around the world. Now we
are also challenging the water, oil, and food and agribusiness
industries. We are working with some of our allies to highlight specific
abuses of these industries. For example, we've joined Network for
Accountability of Tobacco Transnationals (NATT) member Bobby Ramakant
and ASHA for Education in calling on Coca-Cola to stop draining water
from some of the world's poorest communities, including in India.

Check out our new website, www.stopcorporateabuse.org
<http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org> , to see news of our campaigning,
fact sheets, action ideas and many other tools! Please email me at
mrising at stopcorporateabuse.org <mailto:mrising at stopcorporateabuse.org>
if you are active on issues of water, oil, or food and agribusiness, and
interested in learning more about our expanded organizing. We are eager
to broaden our partnerships and increase our impact.

We look forward to our continued work together to hold transnational
corporations accountable for deadly abuses.

Onward!
Megan

Megan Rising, FCTC Ratification Campaign Organizer
Corporate Accountability International (formerly Infact)
Campaign Headquarters
46 Plympton Street  Boston, MA 02118  USA
phone: 617.695.2525 I fax: 617.695.2626
mrising at stopcorporateabuse.org <mailto:mrising at stopcorporateabuse.org>
I www.stopcorporateabuse.org <http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/>
Please note my new contact information