PHA-Exchange> Global Secretriat Communication I: Preparation for PHA 2

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Thu Dec 2 18:08:47 PST 2004

> From: "PHM - Secretariat" <secretariat at phmovement.org>
 > Communication I: Preparation for PHA 2
 > December 2,  2004

 > Dear Friends,
 Greetings from PHM Secretariat (Global)!

 > I just returned from Mexico City, where a 12-member PHM team made a
 significant input into WHO Inter-ministerial Summit on Health Research and
the Global Forum for Health Research, Forum 8, from 16th to 20th November
2004. A report has just been sent.

> > We also met Arturo Quizhpe, Organizing Secretary of PHA 2 from Ecuador
and got an opportunity to get an update on PHA 2 preparations. A lunchtime
meeting on PHM / PHA 2 and GHW was very well attended.

> > This is a special request from the secretariat on his behalf and also on
> > behalf of Maria and the PHA 2 - IOC, to all of you to connect
proactively with the planning process for PHA 2 so that all your regions and
networks are well represented in the evolving programme and processes/

> > Please particularly give attention to the following and keep us all
> > informed.

> > 1. Announcement of PHA 2 in your region through all the relevant
websites and e-mail groups
> > 2. Suggestions of case studies, testimonies, campaign initiatives,
> resource persons, themes from your region.
> > 3. Suggestions / plans for fund raising for travel grants and other
forms
> of mobilization from your region / network
> > 4. Suggestions for well known personalities whose presence at PHA 2
would strengthen the profile of the meeting.
> > 5. Any other suggestions for logistics, funding, communication, regional
 > mobilization.

> > The Secretariat will be posting out a series of communication this month
> to strengthen the process of PHA 2 mobilization.

> > Your proactive and enthusiastic participation to make it a truly
> collective and global event is requested.
> > In solidarity
> > Ravi Narayan
> > PHM Secretariat Team

> > PS: The PHA 2 organizers have produced a very nice CD to announce PHA 2
and this includes the call for testimonies and case studies. Write to Arturo
(aquizhpe at yahoo.com) for a copy.