PHA-Exchange> Rich countries not contributing 0.7% to ODA

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sun Sep 26 19:10:25 PDT 2004

Two weeks ago, I sent out a question re if any of our readers knew how much rich countries were NOT providing as foreign aid every year. Nobody responded.

But, alas, I found the information.

Interestingly, in an article by Jeffrey Sachs in SCN News     No28,  July 2004, p7:

He says:

"High income countries were supposed to give 0.7% of GDP in ODA. What is atully delivered today is around 0.25%, or roughtly USD 110 bilion per year short of high income countries promised".

I hope you use this piece of information profusely.

Claudio