PHA-Exchange> Re: Fw: Bangkok Conference, PHC Conference Iran, PHM Iran.

mohammad ali barzgar m_barzgar at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 26 00:16:03 PDT 2004

Dear Friends,

I am pleased to inform you that PHC Conference after several postonments is
going to be held on 27,28,29,February and 1st March of 2005.The Title of the
Conference is:  PRIMARY HEALTH CARE ACHIEVEMENTS, CHALLENGES,AND FUTURE
STRATEGY; IRAN A LEARNING EXAMPLE.

The methods of conference will be:
1)plenary session,
2)panel discussion with panelist
3)con-curent workshops,
4,)exhibitions stalls and posters,
5) two days field visit at diferent Provinces in divided groups.

The proposed Objectives of the workshop and the subjects of plenary and
workshops are as the same as was communicated to you previously,but it will
be finalized by the end of this week by the Scientific Committee of the
Conference.Special E-mail and Web of the Conferenc is being finalized by the
Organizing committee of Conference.The H.E.Dr.Akbari the Deputy Minister for
Public Health Affairs who is the head of all preventive and curative health
services of the country is directing the Organizing and  Sientific
Committees on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education and
myself on behalf of PHM.The conference will be organized by the Government
of Islamic Republic Of Iran(IRI), and PHM with support of WHO,UNICEF,and
UNFPA.Your kind support,advise and guidence is highly appreciated.Also PHM
Global secretariat is requested to nominate and secure all the main speakers
of the plenary sessions like: PHC
strength/weakness/opportunities/treats/Chracteristic of PHC of 21st Century,
-Links between poverty and Health,
-WTO/TRIPS and their on Health and PHC
-Neo-Liberal health policies including Globalization and Privatization and
effect on PHC
-Health policy Development(Role of GOV.Iternational Agencies,NGOS,Civil
Societies,and People at large),PHC System,Health System reform and Health
System Research.Also diferent workshops,which will be mainly about the
elements of PHC, AIDS,WAR,and conflicts needs speakers from  PHM while one
speaker for each workshop will be from IRAN.

For attention of our friends Jihad and Hunni,it seems to me that is a good
oppurtunity for some kinds of prepration for our regional proposal for
PHAII.

Also I wish to inform you that Nadia will be inTehran fo attending a meeting
of Pejing 10,from 27-29,where I have been invited to atted.PHM Iran
translated " A CALL FOR ACTION" in to Farsi which will be distributed by
Nadia to Iranian participants.Also we will try to advocate about PHM's
Charter,Peoples Charter on HIV/AIDS,and will inform the meeting about the
Global Health Watch,IHF/WSF 2005 and PHAII.

After the three days conference Nadia will attend a meeting of PHM Iran,and
visit some authorities in MOH and will proceed to Caspean Sea areas to visit
Basic Minimum Needs(BMNs) site and some PHC sites.
Also I am pleased to inform you that Nursing Organization of Islamic
Republic Of Iran which had close cooperation with PHM Iran Officialy made a
stronger link with PHM Iran with appointing me as Special Advisor to the
President of the Nursing Organization which have 120,000 registered nurse as
its member.I believe Nurses are the Back-Bone of PHC among the health
professionals.
Any comments, suggestion ,guidence about the Conference is most
welcome.Looking forward to hear from you soon.With Warmest
Regards.Dr.M.A.Barzgar,PHM Iran.