PHM-Exch> Safe Abortion App by Hesperian Health Guides now in Luganda and Kinyarwanda!

Vanessa Tran vanessa at hesperian.org
Tue Feb 9 14:54:54 PST 2021

The Safe Abortion app by Hesperian Health Guides is now in Luganda and
Kinrwanda and 6 other languages! After noticing that all of our women’s
health material
<https://en.hesperian.org/hhg/Where_Women_Have_No_Doctor?utm_source=SA_newsletter%20announcement&utm_medium=announce&utm_campaign=where_women>,
and particularly information about safe abortion on our free HealthWiki was
getting a lot of web traffic from users worldwide, we decided to make an
app to make the information even more accessible for women, peer promoters
and accompaniers. The app helps determine how many weeks a person has been
pregnant, explains different abortion options, and what to expect after the
abortion. The app operates offline and without data once loaded onto a
device and has been used in 177 countries. Download and learn more about
the app at bit.ly/safeabortionapp.