PHM-Exch> campaign against privatization in England

Leigh Haynes lkamoreh at gmx.com
Mon Apr 30 06:43:40 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

In an ongoing project, PHM-North America is collecting stories from around the world of movements that have organized successful movements to protect their public health services. From these movements and their campaigns we can learn lessons to reinforce and inspire our own work to achieve public, accessible, affordable health care.

We spoke with organizers and campaigners Hannah Basson, James Beecher, and Caroline Molloy from Stroud Against the Cuts about their campaign to prevent staff of the Gloucestershire National Health Service (NHS) from being outsourced to a private company. The campaign lasted from late 2010 through 2012, when the NHS withdrew its plan following legal action and heavy political pressure.

You can listen to a conversation with the organizers, who discuss how they pulled together this successful movement, and read more about the campaign here: http://bit.ly/2JqA4cE <http://bit.ly/2JqA4cE>

Please contact us <mailto:connect at phm-na.org> if you would like to share your movement’s success story in stopping privatization of health services or to connect us with folks you know who might be able to share.

Thank you!

Best,
Baj (PHM-Canada) & Leigh (PHM-USA)