PHM-Exch> [PHM News] PHM Global newsletter June 2014

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Jun 4 21:49:48 PDT 2014

From: PHM Global Secretariat <globalsecretariat at phmovement.org>

          Be inspired by PHM initiatives across the world which took place
within the past few weeks! Express solidarity by signing the People's
Charter for Health
<http://www.phmovement.org/en/resources/charters/peopleshealth?destination=phm_home_page>
online.    View this email in your browser                              PHM
Global News Health for All NOW!            *WHO watch* The PHM preparatory
workshop for WHO Watch started in Geneva, Switzerland. Activists from
around the world discuss the agenda of the upcoming 67th World Health
Assembly taking place May 19-24. News, reports and statements on important
issues and concerns are available on the PHM website.
Read More <http://www.phmovement.org/en/node/9378>
*PHM SA Supports The TAC Health Care Service March* -  The People’s Health
Movement of South Africa marches in solidarity with TAC for the issues
raised in the memorandum. We believe that the achievements made in the
treatment of HIV/AIDS and TB stand to be eroded by ongoing problems in our
public facilities such as drug stock outs, corruption, poor infrastructure
and lack of staffing. Read More <http://www.phmovement.org/en/node/9336>
             *PHM UK Health Assembly on Austerity and Social Exclusion* -
The PHM UK assembly took place in Apri with almost 100 participants who
shared personal stories & experiences and engaged in discussions and
strategising around health inequalities and experiences of health under an
environment of austerity and marginalisation! Read More
<http://www.phmovement.org/en/node/9366>
*Gender Health Justice: Sharing stories and experiences* - Following a
period of inactivity, we are looking to reactivate and regularise the posts
and discussions. We invite you all to participate and send in relevant
events, initiatives, campaigns that you are involved in. Gender based
violence - a Public Health Issue <http://www.phmovement.org/en/node/9363>
and gender Health Justice in the light of the Indian elections: PHM India
health manifesto  <http://www.phmovement.org/en/node/9383> -   Read More
<http://www.phmovement.org/en/campaigns/33/page>

             *PHM Nigeria: Bring Back our Girls!* PHM Nigeria condemns the
heinous act of abduction and supports the joint effort of the international
community around the world to fight this terrorist act and free our girls.
PHM-Nigeria appeals and urges the Boko Haram armed group for the immediate
release and safe return of the girls,
Read More
<http://www.phmovement.org/sites/www.phmovement.org/files/PHM%20Nigeria%20-%20%20Statement%20on%20the%20Abducted%20Chibok%20School%20Girls%20%2813May%29final-1.pdf>

             *TTIP will not bring health and wealth to the majority, but
challenge democracy.*  "However, its own growth study estimates show that
the TTIP wouldn't be able to live up to the promise of economic prosperity.
And even if it would be the case, the benefits of economic growth rarely
reach the world's poorest people, with the advantages of globalization
remaining unequally distributed. On top of that, in rich countries, health
is affected by inequalities within countries." Read More
<http://www.phmovement.org/en/node/9377>
             *PHM Global Newsletter  *Download the PDF version of the PHM
Global Newsletter here including all above mentioned stories.
PHM Global Newsletter - June 2014 <http://www.phmovement.org/en/node/9433>
          What do you think of this new format for the PHM global
newsletter? Send us your comments on globalsecretariat [at] phmovement.org

<http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=*%7CURL:ARCHIVE_LINK_SHORT%7C*>
Share
<http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=*%7CURL:ARCHIVE_LINK_SHORT%7C*>
<http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=*%7CURL:MC_SUBJECT%7C*:%20*%7CURL:ARCHIVE_LINK_SHORT%7C*>
Tweet
<http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=*%7CURL:MC_SUBJECT%7C*:%20*%7CURL:ARCHIVE_LINK_SHORT%7C*>
Forward               *DONATE NOW to PHM*
<http://www.phmovement.org/en/phm/donate>
We welcome contributions/donations from individuals and organizations who
believe in our vision and philosophy to support and sustain the activities
of the People’s Health Movement. This enables us to remain uncompromising
and independent in the stands we take.

*Our mailing address is:*
globalsecretariat at phmovement.org

*Website*