PHM-Exch> Global Health Advocates and Practitioners -- Geneva Health Forum 2014 Call for Abstracts

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat Jun 22 13:38:17 PDT 2013

From: SLAMA Slim [mailto:Slim.Slama at hcuge.ch]

The Geneva Health Forum 2014- Global Health:  Interconnected Challenges,
Integrated Solutions - Call for abstracts: Your inputs Count!

This international forum which aims to link policy and practice in the field
of global health, gathers every two years, in Geneva, approximately one
thousand people from more than one hundred countries,  from various sectors
and professional backgrounds to debate and share around the most pressing
contemporary global health issues, giving a proeminent voice to those at the
frontlines of health.

Next year forum will revolve around the theme of "integration", more here:
http://bit.ly/19h37tx

13 thematic tracks taking stock of the various topics covered since 2006
will guide the submission process and allow our diverse audience to
contribute to shaping the programme.Questions have been added to each track
description to provide hints on the various dimensions of integration:
http://bit.ly/19h4ZCB

At the GHF we deliberately create mechanisms that allow
practitioners/frontliners to participate and contribute to global health
discussions. We have created an abstract submission path that caters to
practitioners and is in a straightforward Q&A format. This complements the
scientific submission path, which caters mainly to academia. It also allows
for uploading of short audio visuals which sometimes are much more powerful
than a long presentation. You will find all details on submissions on:
http://ghf.globalhealthforum.net/submission/

Please note that a selected number of travel grants will be offered to
submitters from LICs (World Bank list: http://bit.ly/19h64u7) whose abstract
will be accepted for an oral presentation. I would therefore urge you to
diffuse the information to your partners in elegible countries.

Deadline for submission: July 31st 2013