PHM-Exch> For those who attend PHA3: What to Bring and How to arrive in Cape Town

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Mon Jul 2 01:29:37 PDT 2012

From: Anneleen De Keukelaere <anneleen at phmovement.org>

Dear PHM friends,

We are only a step away from the Third People's Health Assembly and we are
looking forward welcoming everybody who is planning to attend!

Please find below a note on

   - Where to go at the airport
   - What to bring
   - Money Exchange

We know that unfortunately not all of you are able to attend, we do hope
you will spread this message as broad and far as possible to ensure
everybody who is attending PHA3 will receive this letter. Thank you for
your help to make this happen!

WELCOME TO CAPE TOWN
The People’s Health Movement looks forward welcoming you in Cape Town!
Please have a look at
the website of PHA3 to find out more details on what to bring and other
practical information
related to your stay. http://www.phmovement.org/en/pha3
Please find below some key information for your travel and arrival.
TRAVEL
Please bring a print out of your return ticket with you, as well as a
yellow fever certificate if you come from a country listed as having yellow
fever. This is needed to be allowed into South Africa.
UPON ARRIVAL
For those arriving 3- 4-5-6 July:
Upon arrival at the airport, please look out for the PHM and PHA3 sign
attached to table at the
foreign exchange bank of ABSA. There will be such a place at Domestic and
International Arrivals.
For those arriving 3 July: Please gather at this place until the shuttle
service comes to pick you up
For those arriving 4-5-6 July: Please gather at this place until a PHA3
volunteer will take you to the
transport
Should you not see these tables, please go to the ‘Information Desk’ and
ask for a PHA3 pamphlet
that will inform you where to go. Alternatively ask for directions to the
ABSA foreign exchange. The
‘Information Desk’ is situated at the large windows in the main hall of the
airport.
Please use the time you have at the airport to convert your money at the
money exchange,
use the ATM machine for cash, buy a SIM card (see information below) and to
buy a plug for
your electrical appliances (see information below)
PLEASE EXCHANGE MONEY AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE ANY MONEY AT THE
PHA3 VENUE. THERE ARE HOWEVER ATM FACILITIES.
You will be able to pay for registration, accommodation and food in the
local South African
currency or foreign currency (U$ or Euros).
Emergency number for travel - Ingrid Dekker- 0027 82 89 89 153