PHM-Exch> MINUTES OF PHM LAGOS MEETING TOWARDS MOBILIZING FOR PHA IN CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA

Uchenna ossai ucheossai at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 00:26:38 PST 2012

Hi Everyone:
Thanks for sharing the minutes. I want to associate with the suggested theme for the side events but I am not exactly comfortable with the list of countries we intend to learn best practices from. While we expect to learn from the best around the world, which is good in itself, we should at the same time worry about our different political and social and economic environments which could impede the implementation of these best practices. There is no basis for comparing Nigeria and say USA, Britain, Germany or even South Africa-  in terms of infrastructure, systems even civic awareness about rights to health and activism in this regard etc. I would rather we look for developing countries that have succeeded where we are failing or have failed and use their model as a platform to improve our health system. What do you think?

Regards,

Uchenna Ossai
CRS- Nigeria Progam
4 Paraguay Close,