PHM-Exch> Recycling and Coca Cola

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat Dec 17 23:18:57 PST 2011

From: Fran Baum <fran.baum at flinders.edu.au>

*From:* GetUp! [mailto:info at getup.org.au] **

It's a win, win, win for everyone - and it has you in a red spandex suit!
What is it? It's our new recycling campaign, launching today with this
action-packed video starring none other than you:

*<http://www.getup.org.au/coke-not-in-my-name?t=dXNlcmlkPTM1MDY1LGVtYWlsaWQ9NTIw>
*

*www.getup.org.au/coke-not-in-my-name<http://www.getup.org.au/coke-not-in-my-name?t=dXNlcmlkPTM1MDY1LGVtYWlsaWQ9NTIw>
*

Imagine if when you bought a drink, you got 10 cents back when you returned
the empty can or bottle when you're done. Sound simple? Well it is. It's
done all over the world and delivers massive environmental and social
benefits.

But Coke is running a well-funded misinformation campaign against it, and
has been harassing anyone trying to push for a refund recycling scheme that
would reduce millions of tonnes of CO2 pollution and billions of litres of
water. Not to mention removing lots of litter.

We need a new superhero to stand up to Coke: you. Consider this email your
bat signal, and star in your own superhero video:

*www.getup.org.au/coke-not-in-my-name<http://www.getup.org.au/coke-not-in-my-name?t=dXNlcmlkPTM1MDY1LGVtYWlsaWQ9NTIw>
*

A successful deposit and refund scheme on cans and bottles has been
operating for 30 years in South Australia, and many other parts of the
world. *But when the Northern Territory parliament tried to introduce it
for 2012, Coke and its allies were there harassing them with false claims
about its impact. *

That means it's time for you to get out the red spandex and tell Coke
they're full of rubbish!

Thanks for being a hero,
The GetUp team