PHM-Exch> World Health Report 2012 call for inputs

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Mon Aug 1 15:43:22 PDT 2011

From: Ravi Narayan <chcravi at gmail.com>

If any of you or the civil society organisations you are associated
with, have done a research project that has informed or provoked
policy evolution or change, please send this to me urgently to forward
to Andy and Mary for the WHO report.
Best wishes
Ravi

From: Andy Haines <Andy.Haines at lshtm.ac.uk>

The next World Health Report  will focus in Research with particular
emphasis on  strengthening national capacity to organise and use
research in policy and practice. I have been asked to chair the
Scientific Advisory Panel and we are looking for some case studies to
illustrate different aspects of the message. In particular we wonder
if you can help by pointing us in the direction of any good examples
of how civil society organisations have used research findings to
influence policy. I think there has been work undertaken by SEWA for
example but I am unsure of the details.

Please could you send any relevant information to Mary MacLennan who
will be working on the report over the coming months.
m.e.maclennan at lse.ac.uk