PHM-Exch> Food for thought potpourri

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sun Jul 10 17:24:33 PDT 2011

Human Rights Reader 267

*ACTIVITIES ACHIEVE OUTPUTS. PROGRAMS ACHIEVE OUTCOMES. BUT TO ACHIEVE HUMAN
RIGHTS IMPACT, CLAIM HOLDERS HAVE TO BECOME DE-FACTO CLAIMANTS.*

* *

-For the HR paradigm to impose itself, small is beautiful, but big is
necessary. (F.H. Abed)

As this Reader has argued before, the (not so) veiled attempt to castigate
the emerging human rights (HR) paradigm is but one more aggression of the
‘Development Establishment’ that adds insult to injury to the debate on how
to achieve real sustainable development.

But the debate and our struggle continues its relentless advance. Here is
just a sample of the issues it comprises.

*A. When can we expect the widespread introduction of HR standards and
principles to become a reality? … When most players agree. *

*B. Earth Rights.*

*C. Science and human rights.*

To read the full Reader, go to

http://wp.me/plAxa-1qJ