PHM-Exch> Summer School "Taking Action on Health Inequalities" in September

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Mon Jun 27 18:24:46 PDT 2011

   From:    maren.bredehorst at uni-bielefeld.de

AOur  international Summer School this year is dedicated to taking a
practical and political approach to health inequalities. It takes place from
5th to 9th September, 2011 at Bielefeld University. We have devised the
programme in collaboration with our partners from India, Turkey and Nigeria
and have also invited notable external speakers. The title „Taking Action on
Health Inequalities“ is meant to embrace local and global activities in
research and practice, exploring topics such as social determinants of
health, ethical aspects, participation and communication. Please refer to
the flyer in the attachment for further information, or to our website
http://iph-partnership.org, where you will also find the application form.
We would appreciate if you could circulate the flyer to interested persons
in your surroundings, and we are looking forward to welcoming a very
international and diverse group of participants to Bielefeld.

Kind regards
Maren

INFORMATION
Who may apply
This is an introductory course. Participants should
have basic knowledge of qualitative and
quantitative social research methods. The target
audiences of the Summer School are:
 Students and scholars in fields related to
Public Health
 Students and scholars in social and political
sciences interested in health communication
 Practitioners and activists in health promotion
and prevention
Tuition
The tuition fee is 300 / 150 Euro.
Fulltime students pay the lower price. The tuition
includes instruction, course materials, and
participation in the practical exercise.
Application
The number of participants is restricted to 30. You
are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We
can confirm your participation only after payment of
registration fee.
Location
Dept. of Epidemiology & International Public Health
Bielefeld University
School of Public Health
Universitaetsstr. 25
D-33615 Bielefeld, Germany
Application form and further information:
http://iph-partnership.org/
index.php?title=Summer_School_2011
CONTACT
Programme Director
Prof. Dr. Oliver Razum
Professor and Head
Department of Epidemiology
& International Public Health
School of Public Health
Bielefeld University
Coordinating Staff
Ms Maren Bredehorst, MPH
Department of Epidemiology
& International Public Health
Phone: + 49 (0) 521 106 4668
Fax: + 49 (0) 521 106 6465
E-mail: maren.bredehorst at uni-bielefeld.de
Website: http://iph-partnership.org
ANNOUNCEMENT
Please note that you may also apply for our
International Summer School
Infectious Disease Epidemiology (IDE)
Concepts, Methods, Mathematical Modelling and
Public Health
Date: 12th – 16th September 2011
For more information on IDE, please check the
following website:
http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/gesundhw/
ag2/summerschoolide/
International Summer School 2011