PHM-Exch> PHM/SA response to a S African newspaper article on the right to health

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Feb 16 08:40:31 PST 2010

From: L Reynolds L.Reynolds at uct.ac.za

This is to keep PHM Global informed about a small local argument [with
global implications] that we are involved in around the right to health.

 In  response to this:
http://www.businessday.co.za/Articles/Content.aspx?id=90598

We wrote this:
http://www.businessday.co.za/Articles/Content.aspx?id=92018
We had written a longer piece with evidence from Cuba amongst other places,
but they insisted on 700 words and edited us unfairly.

I found this reply to our letter today (a bit late because none of us reads
'Business Day' regularly):
http://www.businessday.co.za/Articles/Content.aspx?id=92444

Business Day, as its name implies, is a business friendly daily newspaper in
SA.

We plan to draft a response during this week, and will try and get them to
provide us with more space.