PHM-Exch> Declaration of Solidarity for a Unified Movement for the Right to Health

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Sep 23 01:11:51 PDT 2009

From: Donna Barry dbarry at pih.org

**

Dear Friends and Colleagues – a group of NGO representatives, academics and
activists from around the world including members from the People’s Health
Movement met in May to start a discussion and movement to learn from the
past successes and failures in global health and to unify our collective
voices to provide comprehensive healthcare for all.  While the world’s
funders cry poor in the face of the economic crisis we recognize the need to
speak with one voice when it comes to addressing the root causes of poor
health around the world.  To date over 1100 individuals and 267
organizations from 84 countries have signed on.

Please join our movement by reviewing the statement we drafted and add your
name and/or organization to join this movement at
http://act.pih.org/page/s/declaration . Please share widely with your
networks by forwarding this email or using the form on the website.

Thank you and please direct any questions to my email  dbarry at pih.org.

*Partners In Health*

Boston, MA 02215

www.pih.org