PHA-Exch> Pakistan: Information on "People's Health Assembly 2009"

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Mar 24 00:50:11 PDT 2009

From: iftikhar ahmed dociftee at hotmail.com
From: tanveer.ahmed at hands.org.pk

*Invitation to participate on the occasion of “People’s Health  Assembly
2009” Monday, 6th April 2009 at Arts Council, Karachi.*

* *

It is a matter of pleasure to share with you that Peoples Health Movement
Pakistan is going to celebrate “World Health Day” by organizing
one-day “Peoples
Health Assembly” on Monday 6th April 2009, at Arts Council, Karachi with the
collaboration of Civil Society Organizations.

The People’s Health Movement is a global coalition of people’s organization
s, NGOs, social activists, health professionals, academics and researchers.
They endorsed the people’s Charter for Health – a consensus document that
arose People’s Health Assembly in December 2000 at Savor Dacca, Bangladesh,
when 1453 participants from 75 countries discuss the “Health for All”
Challenge. The movement is in full swing in more than 94 countries now.

The theme of the assembly is “Let’s get together to demand - Health for All
Now!”. This Assembly will expedite the process of local and national
discussion, debate and exchange of experiences of communities, network
conferences and workshops about the “Health for All” that influence the
health and everyone. At the same time there will be a joining together of
campaigns and organizations and groups of people across Pakistan. We are
expecting participation of more than several thousand people comprising of
community members, elected representatives, Ministers, Civil Society
Organizations, Government officials, NGO representatives, Media, scholars,
Researchers and professionals.

On this occasion we feel honor to invite you to participate from 11:00AM to
03:00 pm for the cause. We believe that your sound knowledge on the subject
and thought provoking ideas would provide assembly a great learning
opportunity.  The recommendation to improve health status will be resolved
by Assembly as “Peoples Charter of Demands”, which would be followed by
movement for implementation. I would appreciate confirmation up to
30thMarch 2009. Please contact me or Dr. Aslam Khan for future follow
up on
aslam.khan at hands.org.pk