PHA-Exch> situation in Lebanon

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Jun 24 09:07:35 PDT 2008

   From:    arcgi at mawared.org

Your e-mails were a great support to me during the difficult circumstances
that we faced in Lebanon.

Deep from my heart my sincere thanks to each and every one of you  who
expressed solidarity with me and the suffering people Lebanon.

 During the events one of you (Jihad from Ramallah)  called me while I was
taking shelter in a corner of my home with my wife and two daughters;
bullets and explosions were all around. At that time I was having that
agonizing feeling when one sees fear in the eyes of his family without being
able to do anything.

 Now the security situation is very hectic: the political situation is still
very tense with no solution and fighting between the Government and the
opposition is erupting in different parts of Lebanon every now and then, and
the economical situation is getting worse. In all circumstances it is the
poor people who are suffering and paying the price from their sweat and
blood. Because of this we are not expecting any better days in the future.

Thank you again

In solidarity,

Ghassan