PHA-Exchange> Social Medicine: New Issue Published

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Aug 29 00:19:38 PDT 2007

From: Matthew Anderson bronxdoc at gmail.com

Social Medicine has just published its latest issue at
www.socialmedicine.info. We invite you to review the Table of Contents here
and then visit our web site to review articles and items of interest.

We are pleased this month to present several articles in English about
Latin American Social Medicine as well as two papers concerning physicians
and war, one by Dr. Walter Lear.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,
Matthew Anderson
Department of Family and Social Medicine, MMC/AECOM, Bronx New York, USA

Social Medicine
Vol 2, No 3 (2007)
Table of Contents
http://journals.sfu.ca/socialmedicine/index.php/socialmedicine/issue/view/16

Editorials
--------
ALAMES: Organizational Expression of Social Medicine in Latin America
(125-130)
       Mauricio Torres Tovar

U.S.  HEALTH  PROFESSIONALS  OPPOSE  WAR (131-135)
       Walter L. Lear

Classics in Social Medicine
--------
Introduction to "Juan C. García interviews Juan C. García" (136-137)
       Miguel Márquez

Juan César García entrevista a Juan César García (138-143)
       Juan César García

News & Events
--------
Proceedings of the 5th Annual Mount Sinai Global Health Conference: "Health
Consequences of the War in Iraq" (144-149)
       Sigrid Hahn,    Natasha Anandaraja,     Nils Hennig,    Jonathan Ripp

Book Reviews
--------
Book Review: Doing Health Anthropology: Research Methods for Community
Assessment & Change – Christie W. Kiefer, PhD (150-151)
       Alice Fornari

Books Received: Health in the Americas 2007
       Diana Correa