PHA-Exchange> Eliminating world poverty: making governance work for the poor

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sun Jul 16 05:50:24 PDT 2006

From: Ruggiero, Mrs. Ana Lucia (WDC)
 EQUIDAD at LISTSERV.PAHO.ORG

On Thursday 13 July DFID launched a new

White Paper on International Development - Eliminating world poverty: making governance work for the poor

Department for International Development DFID UK, July 2006

Website: http://www.dfid.gov.uk/wp2006/default.asp

It sets out what the UK Government will do to reduce world poverty over the next five years.

The White Paper sets out DFID's priorities and explains how we will work with the rest of UK Government, partner governments, international organisations, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and academics to fulfil the promises made in 2005 to significantly reduce world poverty.

White Paper:

Foreword, preface, Section 1: delivering our promises (1 Mb)

Section 2: building states that work for poor people (1 Mb)

Section 3: helping people get security, incomes, and public services (1.7 Mb)

Section 4: working internationally to tackle climate change (1.4 Mb)

Section 5: creating an international system fit for the 21st century; what can you do; endnotes (1 Mb)