PHA-Exchange> Re: Health-care workers must be given a fairer deal--WHO

Antoinette Ntuli ant at hst.org.za
Thu Apr 6 04:39:57 PDT 2006

Hi,
.....but this call says nothing about compensation - I wonder how Southern
countries whose resources (human and financial) have been depleted by the
North are going to fund and sustain these interventions? And I wonder if and
when we make these interventions, especially through strengthened training
and education, whose needs we will be meeting - how many of these workers
will be recruited to rich countries with already relatively high densities
of HRH and how we will replace them without compensation for the
investements we made?
Antoinette

  _____