PHA-Exchange> Health-care workers must be given a fairer deal--WHO 2

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Thu Apr 6 04:54:09 PDT 2006

Press ReleaseFrom: Antoinette Ntuli

.....but this call says nothing about compensation - I wonder how Southern countries whose resources (human and financial) have been depleted by the North are going to fund and sustain these interventions? And I wonder if and when we make these interventions, especially through strengthened training and education, whose needs we will be meeting - how many of these workers will be recruited to rich countries with already relatively high densities of HRH and how we will replace them without compensation for the investements we made?
Antoinette