PHA-Exchange> Schedule of PHM Events

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Fri Oct 15 20:30:45 PDT 2004

From: PHM-Secretariat

Events for Mobilization for PHM, PHA 2 and GHW
Enclosed is a schedule of events in the next few months, which are strategic opportunities, when small groups of PHM  members are orienting more people and mobilizing their support and participation in PHM, PHA 2 and GHW.

Please make a note of these and get involved in whichever ones are relevant or feasible in whatever way. We have indicated the mail ID of the key contact for each event for ideas, suggestions etc.

  1.. European Social Forum, London, from 14th to 17th October 2004 (ongoing) [Patricia Morton - patriciamorton at medact.org]
  2.. Canadian Society for International Health - International Conference, October 2004 [Maria Hamlin Zuniga - maria at iphcglobal.org]
  3.. WHO's Inter-Ministerial Summit on Health Research and Global Forum for Health Research - Forum 8 at Mexico City from 16th to 21st November (Ravi Narayan - secretariat at phmovement.rog)
  4.. Conference on Poverty and Health, Berlin, Germany - organized by Medico International and others and related events (Andreas Wulf - wulf at medico.de)
  5.. National Hearing on Right to Health Care, New Delhi - India (National Human Rights Commission and PHM India) from 16th to 18th December 2004 (Abhay Shukla - cehatpun at vsnl.com)
  6.. International Health Forum - 4, pre World Social Forum, Porto Alegre, Brazil, from 26th to 31st January 2005 (Armando de Negri Filha - armandon at portoweb.com.br)
  7.. International Conference on Primary Health Care, Teheran - Iran., March 2005 (Dr. Mohd. Ali Barzgar - m_barzgar at hotmail.com)
  8.. Health Civil Society Planning Meeting of African Health Civil Society in February 2005 (Rene Lowensen - renel at icon.co.zw)
  9.. Intl League of People's Stuggle, second intl assembly under the theme 'Advance the People's Solidarity and Struggle Against Imperialist War and Plunder'.  Nov 10-14, 2004 Eindhoven, Netherlands. Marie Torres,   head at pilnet.com

Please note that in many of these events, PHM members are already involved in various capacities as organizers of the event itself, organizers of specific sessions, keynote speakers or panellists and there have been earlier communication to many of you on this already. This is being circulated as a checklist once again for more of you to connect.
Also please let us know if there are other events that should be included. We shall send a supplementary list next week.

With best wishes

PHM Secretariat Team