PHA-Exchange> Population Control issues

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Thu Oct 14 21:38:59 PDT 2004

From: WGNRR

Re Mohan Rao's posting a few days ago:

I am very glad to see people bring up the issue population control, and the call to increase attention and action on this grave violation of human rights. Women, especially poor women, are being denied their right to health and to decide over their own reproduction. Women's sexual and reproductive health and rights remain issues that we need to fight for strongly together.

If anyone is interested but did not yet receive a copy of our publication (joint Cornerhouse / WGNRR ) on ICPD+10: "A Decade after Cairo; Women's Health in a Free Market Economy", I would be happy to e-mail or post a copy to you. Alternatively you can find it on our homepage http://www.wgnrr.org . WGNRR regularly publishes article related to population control and initiatives against coercive population policies in our newsletters and other publications. You can find them also through our website (use the 'search' function in the menu). The website also contains information on our previous campaign focusing on anti-fertility vaccines ("stop anti-fertility vaccines") and against hazardous contraceptives - or contact us for more information. If you have information or initiatives that you feel should be given more attention, please let us know so we can see if we can publish it.