PHA-Exchange> International Drug Price Indicator Guide

claudio aviva at netnam.vn
Mon Jun 9 18:11:30 PDT 2003

From: "Dietterich,Amy" <adietterich at MSH.ORG>

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce the publication of the 2002 edition of the
International Drug Price Indicator Guide. The International Drug Price
Indicator Guide provides what the name implies-an indication of drug
prices on the international market.  It provides a spectrum of prices
from nonprofit drug suppliers and commercial procurement agencies, based
on their current catalogs or price lists. It also contains prices
obtained from international development organizations and from
government agencies.

The International Drug Price Indicator Guide helps supply officers
determine the probable cost of pharmaceutical products for their
programs. It can be used as a reference list to compare current prices
paid to prices for products available on the international market. It
can also be used to assess the potential financial impact of changes to
a drug list.

This edition of the Guide includes nearly 90 new items (for a total of
more than 750 items) and prices from 17 different sources. The
therapeutic classes with the most new entries this year are
antibacterials, including antituberculosis drugs; anticonvulsants;
cardiovascular drugs; and drugs used in psychotic disorders. We have
also included the ATC code for each product.

Management Sciences for Health produced the 2002 edition of the Guide in
collaboration with the World Health Organization. Development and
publication of the Guide were supported by the Strategies for Enhancing
Access to Medicines (SEAM) Program, which is funded by the Bill &
Melinda Gates Foundation.=20

The electronic version of the 2002 edition is posted on the Manager's
Electronic Resource Center (http://erc.msh.org/), along with data since
1996. We encourage you to visit the site and explore the features such
as creating custom lists of drugs, comparing your prices, and planning a
budget. If you are not already on our mailing list and would like to
receive a print copy of the 2002 International Drug Price Indicator
Guide, please contact the MSH Bookstore at bookstore at msh.org. The print
copies will be ready in early June.

If any of you would like to contribute your organization's ICB or tender
award results to the next edition of the Guide, please contact me at
jmcfadyen at msh.org. I would be delighted to discuss this with you.

Best regards,

Julie E. McFadyen
Editor, International Drug Price Indicator Guide
Center for Pharmaceutical Management
Management Sciences for Health
Arlington, VA USA
Phone: +1.703.524.6575