*****SPAM***** PHA-Exchange> Boycott- please add UK products :::::::: + Re: IRAQ WAR

pamzinkin pamzinkin at gn.apc.org
Wed Apr 2 12:25:01 PST 2003

People in UK and USA need to know that there is a boycott initiative from
other countries. If you have friends from Bangladesh and other countries
living here please let them know.
I think that all initiatives are worthwhile..expelling UK from the
Commonwealth would have an impact..perhaps Australia as well..The other
initiative is to invoke UN Security resolution 377..50% of remember
countries recommend cessation of use of armed force for example..used
against UK in Suez..and that time UK stopped.
Pam

t 04:18 PM 4/1/03 -0800, UNNIKRISHNAN PV (Dr) wrote:
>Dear Noumanbhai and team
>
>Congratulations for all your anti war efforts.
>
>It is important to add UK products along with the US products when calling
>for the boycott. This is a common suggestion that has from many.
>Strategically it is important that we take this up.
>
>Strategically you may consider using the following common slogan- "Drop
>their shops and STOP THE WAR !- Boycott US and UK campaign". This may
>strategically useful in branding the campaign as common global activity,
>with specific activities at the national/ local level.
>
>Another demand that you may consider as a campaign point is to demand the
>expulsion of Britain from Commonwealth. Britain, by deciding to invade a
>country through an unilateral decision has :
>
>1) Violated the founding principles of Commonwealth- that is democratic
>decision making
>2) Violated the UN's principles
>3) Pose a grave threat to other member countries.
>
>Some of us (this is NOT a PHM initiative) have been facilitating this
>demand from Bangalore, India. Please find a press release that was issued
>to this effect (after the signature of this mail).
>
>If you plan to take it up, please let us know. we could feed you more info
>and campaign points.
>
>In solidarity
>
>Unni

>Dr. Unnikrishnan PV , India

Pam Zinkin                              tel:44 (0)20 7609 1005
pamzinkin at gn.apc.org            fax:44 (0)20 7700 2699
45 Anson Road
London N7 OAR
UK