PHA-Exchange> WHO election of DG (4)

Aviva aviva at netnam.vn
Wed Dec 4 07:51:44 PST 2002

> Nine candidates nominated for top WHO post (2)
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Referring to our recent postings on the candidates for the DG of WHO
> we got a few comments regarding the African candidates. and a possible
role AFRO-NETS could play in contributing to the discussion.

> It was noted that Africa stands not to do well in that race if it
> continues to have multiple candidates. It is therefore hoped that  they
will somehow meet and agree on one consensus candidate.

> Furthermore more objective, comparative assessment of the African
candidates' practical experience and "vision statements" was missing or is
not yet published.
> It is therefore suggested that we contribute to AFRO-NETS with this
procedure by encouraging our readers to make that objective comparative
assessment and air their views via our discussion list. We will then forward
to them.

> Your contributions are invited.

Claudio (moderator)

Original from Dieter Neuvians