PHA-Exchange> Sign a Petition against US Military Funding to Nepal. Message on behalf of Dr. Mathura Prasad Shrestha

Mary Deschene mdesche at emory.edu
Fri Nov 1 23:52:45 PST 2002

Dear All,

Before he went out of town, Professor Mathura requested that I
circulate this information to you. The petition and supporting
statement against escalation of US military funding are at the
following website:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/nepal

Deadline for signatures is 7 November, 2002

On this site you will also find the text of the US government's
"justification" for its $20 million emergency military funding. There
is also a collection of other informational resources.

If you cannot sign via the internet, you may send an e-mail
requesting that your name be added:
birodh at earthlink.net

Include your name, professional/organisational affiliation and
city/country of residence.

In signing the petition, Professor Mathura has said the following,

"I gladly sign the appeal to prevent arms sale to Nepal as every gun
or bullet imported will target lives and property of the people, and
preclude the possibility to live witout fear. I hope that people of
all developed countries exporting arms will understand that this is
equal to exporting death, destruction and prevention of tranquility".

regards,

Mary Des Chene
Co-Editor, Studies in Nepali History and Society
http://www.emory.edu/COLLEGE/AS/sinhas/index.html