PHA-Exchange> IBFAN letter on PHA Exchange

aviva aviva at netnam.vn
Thu Apr 4 05:38:21 PST 2002

Dear Annelies Allain

Greetings to IBFAN! from PHA in solidarity. I saw your letter in PHA
Exchange and hope you saw the note about the PHA related initiatives at
WHA-2002. As a convenor of the WHO-WHA circle in PHM I welcome you and
all your colleagues to an increasing collaboration in IBFAN and PHM
efforts at WHA.  We all need to join hands because the global forces
making profits out of people's health are becoming more complex,
insidious and distorted. So complementarily and inter network
solidarity
is crucial.
Please share your paper on the Global Strategy on Infant and Young
Children ands we will send you soon our response to WHO-CSI. We
remember
Halfdan Mahler's comments who continues to be a PHM well wisher and
supporter in solidarity so that Alma Ata can be resurrected some day.
Perhaps at the next WHA-May 2003 when it will be the 25th Anniversary
of
Alma Ata and the HFA-2000 goal.

Do send us details of sessions you would like us to attend and keep a
date with us at the NGO forum on 14th May; the PHA get together at WCC
on 16th May and the Technical briefing session at WHA on People's
Health
Charter on 17th May 2002.

Incidentally you will be glad to know that at the Chennai meeting in
december 2002, IFBAN India joined the PHM process in India (18 Networks
working together!!)
Best wishes

Ravi Narayan
Community Health Advisor CHC