PHA-Exchange> Greetings from CHC Bangalore India to Porto Alegre

aviva aviva at netnam.vn
Thu Apr 4 05:21:46 PST 2002

Dear Friends of Health at Porto Allegre

All of us in PHA have enjoyed reading the Porto Allegre Declaration on
health as an essential Human Need, a Right of Citizens and a Public
Good. Your slogaan Health for all is possible and neccessary is  great
one.

We are all happily surprised how much compementarity there is with the
People's Health Charter which evolved from the Global Pepopel's Health
Assembly at GK-Savar in Bangladesh in December 200. Please check the
website if you have not already seen it.

As a convenor of the WHO-WHA advocacy circle of the PHM (People's
Health
Movement) I wish to invite you to join us in efforts to lobby the WHO
with both thesedocuments at WHA-2002 - 13th -17th May. Kindly let us
know if any of your participarory networks and organizations will be
attending WHA 2002 so that we can join hands in our efforts.

We have already posted your declaration on our PHA Exchange list
server. You can
refer to PHA Exchange at www. Kabissa.org of 27th March to get an idea
on
what we are planning. In item 1 (b) it is  in 16 May not 16th Febraury.

Please let us know how you can join us and how we can join in your
efforts.

Best wishes and in solidarity

Ravi Narayan
Community Health Advisor- CHC