PHA-Exchange> Thanks to Claudio

Fran Baum fran.baum at flinders.edu.au
Mon Dec 3 21:12:53 PST 2001

Dear Friends

I would just like to thank Claudio for his inspiring words. Frank Tesoriero
and I were sharing our memories of the PHA yesterday when we realised that
a year ago we were at GK. It was an inspirational meeting and a great
achievement that so many of us were able to come together and discuss our
ideals for a world in which the struggle for health could be advanced and
the dreams of better  health and more equitable distribution of health
throughout the world realised. Like Claudio I feel it is true that our
dreams seem to be further away than ever. But the only times I can feel
more optimistic for the future are when I feel the solidarity of friends
and colleagues around the world. Then I know I am not a mad lonely voice!!
So this list helps in reducing feelings of both loneliness and insanity!!

So thanks Claudio for reminding us of the dream of the PHA!

Best Wishes to everyone on the list for a merry festive season and a more
optimistic, healthy and equitable new year!

Best Wishes

Fran Baum

Professor and Head
Department of Public Health
Director, South Australian Community Health Research Unit
Immediate Past President, Public Health Association of Australia

Contact details
Mailing
Department of Public Health
Flinders University