PHM-Exch> [PHM NEWS] Join the Sixteen Days of Activism against gender violence!

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Nov 14 20:29:51 PST 2023

From: Sarojini N <sarojini_n at phmovement.org>

Sharing the campaign note from the Gender Justice and Health thematic group
of the People’s Health Movement (PHM) on Sixteen Days of Activism against
gender-based violence. We will be translating and sharing in French,
Arabic, and Spanish soon.

Please share it in your regions and thematic circles and encourage them to
contribute towards the campaign.

In solidarity
Sarojini

[image: image.png]
*Stand Against Genocide!*

*                                Stand Against Gender-Based Violence!*

*                                                               Stand For
Justice! *

*Join the Sixteen Days of Activism!*

*25 November to 10 December*

We, feminists and health activists of the Gender Justice and Health
thematic group of the People’s Health Movement (PHM) stand against the
genocide of the Palestinian people, the sexual violence in conflict-ridden
Tigray,  the forced displacement of the people consequent to war, conflict,
violence from Myanmar, South Sudan, Ukraine and in many other parts of the
world.

We stand in solidarity with the human and health rights defenders and
movements in these locations and in other countries and regions that are
resisting the wrath, the misogyny of fundamentalist and violent States and
communities.

We restate our commitment to speak up against systemic, gender injustices,
to speak truth to power.  We rise against gender-based violence (GBV),  one
of the most widespread, persistent, and devastating human rights violations
in almost every country and region in the world with devastating
consequences for well-being and life.  Yet, largely unreported due to the
impunity, silence, and stigma surrounding it.

We, the gender justice and health thematic members of the People’s Health
Movement (PHM), remain steadfast in challenging the structures of power and
inequity that perpetuate, sustain, and normalise GBV.  The intersections of
patriarchy with colonialism, capitalism, racism, casteism, ableism,
fundamentalism, imperialism, militarisation, and heteronormativity must be
interrogated towards informing our intersectional activism in addressing
these injustices.

*We urge you to be part of the global campaign for Sixteen Days of Activism
Against Gender-Based Violence (GBV) that begins on November 25
(International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women) and
concludes on December 10 (International Human Rights Day). *

This year, as part of the campaign, we raise our voices, reiterate our
resistance against the root causes of the current crisis of humanity; we
forcefully express our solidarity with all the Palestinian people,
particularly women, girls, and children; healthcare workers, doctors, and
humanitarian workers; and journalists in Gaza and the West Bank.

Join us in the 16-day campaign *in solidarity with the Palestinian people*;
and others against war, conflict, and GBV, by:

1.              Developing short video clips, songs, poems, and messages
(in your local languages)

2.              Developing posters and statements (in your local languages)

3.              Organising webinars and meetings in local languages.

Please share these with us – your expressions, voices, and messages to Sarojini
N <sarojini_n at phmovement.org>, with a CC to Adsa Fatima
mailtoadsa at gmail.com and
Deepika Joshi <deepika at phmovement.org>. These video clips, posters, and
messages etc will be uploaded to the PHM website and social media channels,
as well as shared on the PHM exchange with your consent.

We, from the Gender Justice and Health Thematic Group, and from the Health
For All Campaign are planning for webinar/s, and interactive sessions
during these campaign days to focus on amplifying voices and discussions
and deepening feminist solidarity with the ongoing struggles in Palestine
and other parts of the world, along with other actions.

We draw strength and hope from our collective struggles for gender, racial,
climate, health, economic, and social justice.

Stand For Justice!