PHM-Exch> Health: not for sale - PHM Europe call to action for 7th April, People’s Health Day

Ana Vračar ana at phmovement.org
Fri Mar 31 10:00:56 PDT 2023

Dear comrades,

As we approach another April 7th, People’s Health Day, we are still forced
to reflect on the negative impacts of privatization of health care that
people in Europe have experienced since the beginning of the COVID-19
pandemic. The pandemic has exposed the systemic weaknesses in our health
care systems, particularly in countries where privatization and austerity
policies have eroded the public health infrastructure.

The lack of investment in public health has resulted in shortages of
personal protective equipment, medical supplies, and health care staff,
leaving health care workers overwhelmed. The pandemic has also increased
the existing inequalities in access to health care, with marginalized
classes bearing the brunt of the pandemic. As the pandemic fades away from
the news, we still have to act to defend the right to health and resist
privatization in all its forms. On People’s Health Day, let us come
together to demand Health for All.

Join our poster action

We urge you to join PHM Europe’s action to hang posters in community health
centers
<https://twitter.com/SalutDretsAccio/status/1512106715759656968/photo/1>,
hospitals, and other places which have a strong impact on people’s health.
The posters will serve as a reminder of the importance of equitable and
affordable health care for all, and the dangers of profit-driven policies
that put the interests of corporations before the needs of people.

In case you are not able to print and hang the posters in physical spaces,
we encourage you to share them on your social media channel, tagging PHM
Europe (@phmeurope) and Salut, Drets, Acció (@SalutDretsAccio).

Want to join?

   1. 🖱Download the posters or edit your own version using the files in
   this folder: https://tinyurl.com/PHMEurope7A23Designs
   2. 🖨Print out the posters using the PDF files: paper, textile, sticker
   format all work!
   3. 🪧Hang the poster in a space you visit to discuss everything related
   to health, hang it out of the window or bring it with you to a health demo
   on 7 April
   4. 📸 Take pictures and share them with us on social media or by
   uploading them in the folder above
   5. 👫🏾 Share this call and invite your friends to do the same

Mark your action on our interactive map!

We also invite you to mark the action you are planning on the interactive
map <https://tinyurl.com/PHMEurope7April2023> that will be shared with PHM
Global. This map will illustrate the diversity of actions organized on April
7th and help us showcase the collective power of the People's Health
Movement in the world.

On People’s Health Day, let's unite our voices and actions to demand health
for all. Together, we can make our voices heard and ensure that our
governments prioritize the health and well-being of all people, not just
the privileged few.

Health for All now!