PHM-Exch> PHM MALAWI CYCLONE FREDD RESPONSE APPEAL FOR SUPPORT

Wilson Asibu wilasibu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:02:21 PDT 2023

Dear PHM Family and Comrades,

>From 12th March to date Malawi has experienced unprecedented and
devastating Cyclone Freddy which has left over 352 confirmed dead, 1, 117
mortally wounded, 98 reported still missing and over 142,000 people
displaced. Many hospitals, schools, bridges, roads and thousands of houses
destroyed. Electricity, water, education and other social services have
been disrupted. Several health facilities and infrastructure and equipment
have been destroyed by Cyclone Freddy and health services delivery
disrupted. Health facilities and the Malawi government are overwhelmed and
unable to savage the situation by themselves. Over 235 Community Health
Workers we work with in Blantyre Chapter and other parts of Malawi are
directly affected, destitute and in need of immediate relief support.

Looking at the magnitude of the devastation and vulnerability of the
victims, PHM MALAWI has developed a CYCLONE FREDDY RESPONSE to provide
food, clothing, shelter, sanitation kits, beddings, tents and health and
psychological support to the victims in Manja, Chilobwe, Soche in Blantyre
distinct and in seven evacuation camps with hygiene and sanitation support
services to prevent escalation of Cholera, Diarrhea, Anemia, Malaria and
other water-borne diseases. PHM MALAWI will therefore provide hygiene and
sanitation kits such as laundry soap, water buckets, plates, cups, washing
basins, sleeping mats, mosquito nets, blankets, mosquito repellants,
plastic papers, rubbish baskets, temporary toilets/bathrooms, construction
of rubbish pits and many more. Malawi is already grappling with
unprecedented Cholera outbreak that has left over 1320 people dead and
affected hundreds of thousands. We are therefore requesting your financial
donation of $50, $100, $500, $1000, $2000 and more to the cause.

We are therefore appealing for financial, medical and material donations
for PHM MALAWI to provide relief support to the victims of Cyclone Freddy.
We ask PHM Global, PHM Country Circles, PHM Activists to support
financially with whatever you can. It will really go a long way and greatly
assist.

PHM MALAWI will account for all the donations received and provide both
narrative and financial report with pictures and videos of the
interventions done. PHM MALAWI will also produce a full report on the
impact of Cyclone Freddy, Cholera Outbreak and COVID-19 on Malawi s health
system and service delivery.

*PHM MALAWI DONATIONS BANKING DETAILS *

Account Name: Country Minders for Peoples Development

Account Number: 0002502006825

FIRST CAPITAL BANK, Lilongwe Branch

Swift Code: FRCGMWMW

Bank Address: Private Bag 122, Blantyre, Malawi

Sincerely,

Wilson Damien Asibu

PHM MALAWI

+265 994 211 698