PHM-Exch> Fwd: TNCs, Allende, and where do we go next

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Mon Jan 2 19:34:00 PST 2023

A MUST WATCH.
Claudio

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <gleckman at mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 8:16 AM

                I was asked by Lynn Fries, producer of Global Political
Economic analysis, to reflect on Allende's call for political action on
TNCs, one that he made now 50 years ago. The key questions that she asked
me to address were (a) what happened with the followup to Allende's call
(specifically the ups and downs of UN Centre on Transnational
Corporations), (b) what have TNCs done to block efforts to regulate them,
and (c) what should we be planning to doing in the near future to move
along the international rule of law on TNCs.

                If you are interested, the video is available here
<https://gpenewsdocs.com/50-years-after-allende-at-the-un-a-corporate-triumph-named-multistakeholderism/>.

                I would welcome your comments on the piece.

Lynn and I would welcome any cross postings.

                Harris