PHM-Exch> Webinar on UHC and informal economy - invitation to all

Christy Braham christybraham at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:02:07 PST 2022

Dear colleagues and comrades,

On *Thursday 15th December, from 1pm to 2:30pm UTC*, Women in Informal
Employment - Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO) will be hosting an online
event - "Universal Health Coverage and workers in the informal economy:
reshaping health systems for the global majority"
<https://www.wiego.org/events/uhc-day-2022-webinar>

Workers in the informal economy make up the global majority of workers
across the world, yet generally experience hugely inadequate and
inequitable access to healthcare.

To celebrate Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Day 2022, join representatives
from India's Self-Employed Women's Association (SEWA), Argentina's Unión de
Trabajadores y Trabajadoras de la Economía Popular (UTEP), HomeNet
Thailand, Public Services International, and Organisation of Trade Unions
of West Africa, as we mark 10 years since the United Nations General
Assembly formally recognised the importance of UHC. This webinar will
involve workers sharing their experiences of mobilizing around UHC, along
with civil society allies sharing recent research insights on UHC and
informality.

Languages: English, French, Spanish, Gujarati & Thai

*Please register in
advance: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PRe_djg4QayfdeTqEqs0Rw
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PRe_djg4QayfdeTqEqs0Rw>  *

[image: Flyer - WIEGO's webinar on UHC and informality]
<https://www.wiego.org/events/uhc-day-2022-webinar>

Looking forward to welcoming you!

Warmly,

Christy

*Christy Adeola Braham*
Researcher & Advocate

*tel: +*44 7916142354 / +32 477336844
*email:* christybraham at gmail.com
[image: Icône sociale, linkedin, boite, bleu] Christy Adeola Braham
<http://linkedin.com/in/christy-adeola-braham-8996b462>

*Latest publications:*
“I needed somebody like her in my life”: migrant women’s experiences and
perceptions of health navigation services to increase access to maternity
care in the UK,  *Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health - *access here
<https://jech.bmj.com/content/74/Suppl_1/A43.3>
Building alliances for the global governance of migration and health, *BMJ*
- access
*here <https://www.bmj.com/content/366/bmj.l4143>*