PHM-Exch> Call for participants to define 'Humanitarian Surgery'

mai a maiattia at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 05:35:24 PDT 2022

Dear PHM Members

     The Royal College of Surgeons Of England, where I currently work, is undertaking a research study to define the term ‘Humanitarian Surgery’.

Currently, there is no agreed definition of Humanitarian Surgery making it difficult to compare interventions, outcomes and cost effectiveness since a wide variety of activities are included under global or humanitarian surgery. To address this question, a modified Delphi process will be used, and your help is needed!

We are particularly keen that healthcare workers from Low/Middle Income Countries, and patient representatives from across the world contribute to this study. You don't have to be a Surgeon to take part in this study. Kindly check the criteria through the above link.
The link to the study is here, each participant will need to create an account with Welphi in order to complete the study. Deadline is 2 September
any questions please email humanitarian at rcseng.ac.uk
Thank you
Mai SeidaMSc Global Health and Development
Global Programmes Officer, Royal College of Surgeons of England