PHM-Exch> Call for watchers to participate to the World Health Assembly on Pandemic Treaty

Gargeya Telakapalli gargeya.t at phmovement.org
Wed Oct 20 03:13:52 PDT 2021

Call for watchers to participate to the Special Session of World Health
Assembly on Pandemic Treaty
(November 2021 (Virtual))
<https://phmovement.org/who-watch-call-for-participation-2/>

PHM is preparing to watch <https://phmovement.org/who-watch/> the special
session of the World Health Assembly meeting of the World Health
Organisation to consider developing a WHO convention, agreement or other
international instrument on pandemic preparedness and response (pandemic
treaty) <https://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA74/A74(16)-en.pdf>. The
session will be taking place from the 29th November to 1st December. The
World Health Assembly takes place once every year and the Executive Board
meeting usually takes place twice a year. However, 2020 and 2021 would be
an exception as special sessions of the WHA were held due to the Covid-19
pandemic. The agenda items of the special session will be specifically on
the pandemic treaty.

Can you attend the WHO-Watch for the special session of WHA74 on pandemic
treaty?

Considering the travel restrictions, the WHO-Watch
<https://phmovement.org/who-watch/> would be an online initiative this
time.  We are hoping to create a team of watchers who would be following
the discussions of the special session on pandemic treaty and make
interventions wherever possible. The WHO-Watch will also encompass a 3 day
preparatory workshop (2-3 hour session each day) ahead on the 24, 25 and 26
of November where we will discuss and work on the agenda topic up for
discussion.

Through Medicus Mundi International, watchers are able to participate in
the special session of the World Health Assembly virtually. During the
special session also, we will see to it that we utilise time efficiently
and work in shifts. We are looking for PHM activists to join as watchers.
If you are keen to develop your knowledge on pandemic treaty, and to be
involved in strengthening the issues in your country or region after the
meeting, please let us know.

If you are interested in participating in the special session on pandemic
treaty, please fill in the form below. Please complete the form by 5th
November, 2021.

Note: As part of the coordination, we hope to have preparatory calls from
the second week of November itself to coordinate the initiative better.
click here for the application form
<https://phmovement.org/who-watch-volunteer-registration/>