PHM-Exch> PHM Statement on the Arrest of Shatha Odeh by the Israeli Occupying Forces

PHM Global Secretariat globalsecretariat at phmovement.org
Fri Jul 9 07:06:50 PDT 2021

Dear all,

Dr. Shatha Odeh was arrested by the Isreali Occupying Forces (IOF) on 7
July, 2021 from her house in Ramallah. She is a member of the Global
Steering Council of PHM and we condemn her arrest in strongest terms. She
is also the director of the Health Work Committees (HWC), one of the most
prominent Palestinian non-profit health care providers. The HWC itself has
been facing unjustified attacks by the IOF. Last month, its office was
raided and forced to shut down for six months. The actions of IOF against a
health organisation come in the middle of a raging COVID-19 pandemic, which
is most unfortunate.

PHM calls for Dr. Shatha’s immediate release and safeguard the important
work of the HWC. We urge international organisations and foreign
governments, who are genuinely concerned about the fate and health of the
Palestinian people, to join us in our condemnation of the increasing
criminalisation and delegitimisation of humanitarian and civil society
organisations.

PHM has issued a statement condemning Dr. Shatha's arrest. Full statement
in English, Arabic, French, Spanish and Korean can be found here:
https://phmovement.org/phm-statement-on-the-arrest-of-shatha-odeh-by-the-israeli-occupying-forces/

[image: Copy of Release Shatha Odeh (1).jpg]

Regards,
Jyotsna
(On behalf of the Global Secretariat)
--