PHM-Exch> [WEBINAR] May 18 - 3PM CEST: How can we strengthen health systems worldwide?

Jasper Thys jasper.thys at vivasalud.be
Sat May 15 02:51:18 PDT 2021

/Sorry for crossposting/

Dear

The Covid-19 pandemic has laid bare the vulnerabilities of health
systems around the world. With an exhausted health workforce, the
disruption of essential health services and inadequate access to
protective equipment, medical tools and vaccines, many countries are
struggling with waves of infections. In the short term, we need to end
this crisis as soon as possible. But looking forward, we need to
strengthen health systems all over the world so that everyone has access
to the care they need. How can we make that happen? What should be the
contribution of development cooperation for health? And how do we ensure
that those development policies reflect the lessons we learned during
the Covid-19 pandemic?

During this webinar on *May 18 at 3PM CEST**, ***set up by the working
group Determinants of International Health (of Be-Cause Health and the
Action Platform for Health and Solidarity), we'll discuss how we can
improve the development cooperation for health and strengthen health
systems worldwide.

  * *Can PPPs contribute to strengthening health care?*
    with Marco Angelo (global health advocate at WEMOS)

  * *Decolonising development cooperation for health*
    with Clara Affun-Adegbulu (researcher at ITM, Antwerp) and Ravi Ram
    (coordinator at KAMPALA INITIATIVE)

  * *What role for social movements and health activists?*
    with Moisés García and Gloria Cruz (health activists at FORO
    NACIONAL DE SALUD)

Please register via this link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfTjvDO75EzhIffH2ncTaMNt7F8qwlXMKb2nRmy8sPf2yoQw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0>
and join the discussion on Zoom