PHM-Exch> Call for watchers to participate to the World Health Assembly in May 2021 (Virtual)

Gargeya Telakapalli gargeya.t at phmovement.org
Mon Mar 15 02:55:01 PDT 2021

Call for watchers to participate to the World Health Assembly in May 2021
(Virtual) <https://phmovement.org/who-watch-call-for-participation-2/>

PHM is preparing to watch the 74th World Health Assembly meeting of the
World Health Organisation taking place from the 24th May to 1st June. The
World Health Assembly takes place once every year and the Executive Board
meeting takes place twice a year. The agenda items of the WHA74 will
probably include issues such as; Public health emergencies: preparedness
and response, Covid19 response, Substandard and falsified medical products,
Patient Safety,  access to effective treatments for cancer and rare and
orphan diseases, Antimicrobial resistance, Nagoya Protocol and
Poliomyelitis to name a few.

Can you attend the WHA74 Watch?

Considering the travel restrictions, the WHO-Watch would be an online
initiative this time.  We are hoping to create a team of watchers who would
be following the discussions of WHA74 remotely, but follow the discussions
and make interventions wherever possible. The WHO-Watch will also encompass
a 3-4 day preparatory workshop (2-3 hour session each day) ahead of the WHA
where we will discuss and work on the various agenda topics up for
discussion.

Through Medicus Mundi International, watchers are able to participate in
the World Health Assembly and deliver statements virtually to the meeting
body. During the WHA also, we will see to it that we utilise time
efficiently and work in shifts. We are looking for PHM activists to join as
watchers. If you are keen to develop your knowledge on issues discussed at
the meeting, and to be involved in strengthening these issues in your
country or region after the meeting, please let us know.

If you are interested in participating in WHA74 Watch please fill in the
form below. Please complete the form by 31st March, 2021.
click here for the application form
<https://phmovement.org/who-watch-volunteer-registration/>