PHM-Exch> WHO Agrees Compensation Fund for Serious COVAX Vaccine Side Effects

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Mar 4 18:32:37 PST 2021

From: Meg Davis <sara.meg.davis at gmail.com>

This was just shared with me by Allan Maleche at KELIN in Kenya. We are
wondering if anyone has access to the details on this.

WHO Agrees Compensation Fund for Serious COVAX Vaccine Side Effects | World
News | US News

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-02-22/who-agrees-compensation-fund-for-serious-covax-vaccine-side-effects

LONDON (Reuters) - The World Health Organization has agreed a no-fault
compensation plan for claims of serious side effects in people in 92 poorer
countries due to get COVID-19 vaccines via the COVAX sharing scheme,
resolving a big concern among recipient governments.