PHM-Exch> Call for watchers for WHO-Watch Executive Board 148 in Jan 2021 (Virtual)

Gargeya Telakapalli gargeya.t at phmovement.org
Sat Dec 5 23:16:56 PST 2020

Call for watchers to participate to the Executive Board in January 2021
(Virtual) <https://phmovement.org/who-watch-call-for-participation-2/>

PHM is preparing to watch <https://phmovement.org/who-watch/> the 148th
Executive Board meeting of the World Health Organisation taking place from
the 18th to 26th January. The Executive Board meeting takes place twice a
year and the World Health Assembly takes place once. The items on the EB148
agenda <https://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB148/B148_1(draft)-en.pdf>
are,
Substandard and falsified medical products48 will probably include issues
such as Patient Safety,  access to effective treatments for cancer and rare
and orphan diseases, Antimicrobial resistance, Public health emergencies:
preparedness and response, Covid19 response, nagoya Protocol and
Poliomyelitis to name a few.

Can you attend the EB148 Watch?

Considering the travel restrictions, the WHO-Watch would be an online
initiative this time.  We are hoping to create a team of watchers who would
be following the discussions of EB148 remotely, but follow the discussions
and make interventions wherever possible. The WHO-Watch will also encompass
a 2-3 day preparatory workshop (2-3 hour session each day) ahead of the EB
where we will discuss and work on the various agenda topics up for
discussion.

Through Medicus Mundi International, watchers are able to participate in
the Executive Board and deliver statements virtually to the meeting body.
During the EB also, we will see to it that we utilise time efficiently and
work in shifts. We are looking for PHM activists to join as watchers. If
you are keen to develop your knowledge on issues discussed at the meeting,
and to be involved in strengthening these issues in your country or region
after the meeting, please let us know.

If you are interested in participating in EB148 Watch please fill in the
form below by 13th December 2020.

Note: As part of the coordination, we hope to have a preparatory call once
in December before christmas and then one in January after the new year
weekend to coordinate the initiative better.
click here for the application form
<https://phmovement.org/who-watch-volunteer-registration/>