PHM-Exch> UHC Day Campaign 2020

Claudio Schuftan schuftan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 01:55:46 PDT 2020

From: Thomas Schwarz <schwarz at medicusmundi.org>

*Von:* REYES PASCUAL, Victoria Allah A. [mailto:PascualV at who.int] *Im
Auftrag von *NICOD, Marjolaine

We are pleased to share with you a first announcement
<https://www.uhc2030.org/blog-news-events/uhc2030-events/theme-of-the-uhc2030-campaign-2020-555422/>
regarding plans for the UHC Day Campaign this year. December 2020 will mark
one year since the first cases of COVID-19 were reported. The UHC Day
Campaign 2020 must remind the world that health for all is not a long-term
wish, but an urgent priority to end this crisis and emerge stronger.
Considering this global challenge that we are currently facing, the theme
and primary narrative of campaigns this year will be:

*HEALTH FOR ALL: PROTECT EVERYONE.*

*To end this crisis and build a safer and healthier future, we must invest
in health systems that protect us all — now.*

The choice is not between health security or UHC: strong, equitable systems
grounded in primary health care and human rights are needed for both. It is
critical not to wait until the crisis is past to accelerate political and
financial commitments to achieve UHC. Instead, leaders must prioritize
investments in strong, equitable health systems that protect everyone,
respond to emergencies and leave no one behind in the future.

In 2020, the approach will be based on more localized and sustainable
campaigns, i.e. more digital campaign materials will be made available so
that local campaigners can customize them to include their local languages
and adapt them to their local contexts. Some useful online tools will be
introduced to help campaigners to plan and organize virtual campaigns for
free or at low cost. Partners will also have the possibility to order online
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UHCumbrella>  various UHC umbrella products
(*Note: group order started on 12 October and will close on 22 October and
2 November*).

The campaign support pack 2020 will be available on the UHC Day campaign
microsite <https://universalhealthcoverageday.org/> soon. Please check the
webpage frequently to find updates of campaign materials in the coming
weeks.

Attachments:

   1. *UHC Day campaign 2020: Information note*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H6ebKJisojeD7CnW9d6MxuFEyVOVbspI/view?usp=sharing

   1. *UHC umbrella products: group order 2020 - information note*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usYutWiH4a0ca2ngUeFa0CRWjNpbDRWx/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Marjolaine Nicod and Toomas Palu

On behalf of the UHC2030 Core Team

[image: cid:image002.png at 01D54306.A83F4080]

*Marjolaine Nicod, Joint Lead, UHC2030 Core Team*

+41 22 791 24 33  l  nicodm at who.int

World Health Organization

Department of Health Systems Governance and Financing

20 Avenue Appia
<https://maps.google.com/?q=20+Avenue+Appia&entry=gmail&source=g>, 1211
Geneva 27, Switzerland

[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01D367B4.7D696630]     @UHC2030   #UHC2030