PHM-Exch> Book Release Invite - Political Journeys in Health: Essays by and for Amit Sengupta (July 05 at 5 p.m. IST/11.30 a.m. GMT)

Richa Chintan richa at phmovement.org
Wed Jul 1 23:17:19 PDT 2020

Dear Comrades,

Some months ago we started with the idea of developing a book as a tribute
to Com. Amit Sengupta, a collection of his work, essays that contextualise
that work, and reminiscences of his comrades who have been part of this
journey. With your help, we have with us the book, *Political Journeys in
Health: Essays by and for Amit Sengupta*.

We are organising a book release and discussion programme on the occasion
of Com. Amit Sengupta's birthday on July 05 at 5:00 p.m (India time) or
11.30* a.m. GMT. *

On this occasion, *Dr. Amit Sengupta Memorial Fellowship *would also be
instituted and the first fellowship announced.

 Here is also the link to pre-order the book which you may disseminate in
your circles - https://mayday.leftword.com/catalog/product/view/id/21833

The programme is as follows -

*
                                                    Political Journeys in
Health*
*Essays By and For Amit Sengupta *

*Book Release: *Sitaram Yechury, General Secretary CPI(M) and Sudhanva
Deshpande, LeftWord Books

*Amit Sengupta Memorial Fellowship on Right to Health*:
Announcement by Arijit Sengupta

*Discussion*:

*Chair*: Prabir Purkayastha, Newsclick
*Panelists*:
Prabhat Patnaik, Professor Emeritus, Jawaharlal Nehru University
Dr. Thelma Narayan, SOCHARA and Jan Swasthya Abhiyan
Satyajit Rath, Professor, ISER Pune and Delhi Science Forum

*Date: July 05, 2020 (Sunday)*
*Time: 05.00 p.m. (1700 hrs. IST)*

*The programme will be live streamed on **Youtube (Newsclick) and **Facebook
(Newsclick and Jan Swasthya Abhiyan). *

*Following are the links -*
Newsclick Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOF1iS7lmNRSWVqL8N3L6kQ
Newsclick Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newsclick.dotin
JSA Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/janswasthyaabhiyan/

Looking forward to having you with us,

In solidarity,
Prabir Purkayastha, Indranil Mukhopadhyay, Richa Chintan