PHM-Exch> [PHM NEWS] PHM Korea statement on COVID-19 outbreak and responses in South Korea

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Mar 19 03:45:56 PDT 2020

From: Sun Kim <sunkim at phmovement.org>

South Korea (hereafter Korea)’s COVID-19 outbreak and response are still
ongoing, and assessment of it is rather hasty. But we share this
conditional statement because we think it is our responsibility to share
Korea’s experience with civil society around the world, which is
experiencing COVID-19 outbreak one tempo later than ours. In particular, we
hope that the main barriers to the government responses and the efforts of
the Korean civil society to find and fill the blind spots out of reach of
the government policies or existing systems will be a lesson for the civil
society of each country in the responses of COVID-19.

Please circulate this as widely as possible.

http://phmovement.or.kr/phm-korea-statement-on-covid-19-outbreak-and-responses-in-south-korea/

The full-text as follows;

---

*PHM Korea statement on COVID-19 outbreak and responses in South Korea*

March 19th, 2020

South Korea (hereafter Korea)'s COVID-19 outbreak and response are still
ongoing, and assessment of it is rather hasty. But we share this
conditional statement because we think it is our responsibility to share
Korea's experience with civil society around the world, which is
experiencing COVID-19 outbreak one tempo later than ours. In particular, we
hope that the main barriers to the government responses and the efforts of
the Korean civil society to find and fill the blind spots out of reach of
the government policies or existing systems will be a lesson for the civil
society of each country in the responses of COVID-19.

●     *Barrier One: Reactionary right-wing alliance makes the situation
worse.           For more, go to the link above...*