PHM-Exch> [PHM NEWS] PHM-Uganda Analysis On BBC About The Lomé Initiative, And False Medicines Epidemic In Africa

Claudio Schuftan schuftan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:22:39 PST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: PHM UGANDA <phmuga at gmail.com>

Since Uganda is going to be  part of the Lomé Initiative to Address the
False Medicines Epidemic Sweeping Across Africa. We shall provide our
analysis tomorrow on BBC about Counterfeit Medicines and Its Effects On The
Right To Health In Uganda, and how The Lome Initiative will address and
counter the plight of the trafficking networks of falsified medicines and
how to ensure that all African citizens have access to safe and effective
medicines that their families rely on.

The Lomé Initiative will be a landmark agreement that will be signed by the
presidents of the Republics of Congo, Ghana, Gambia, Niger, Senegal, Togo,
and Uganda respectively at a summit to be held in Lomé, Togo on Tomorrow,
January 17th, 2020.

About Lome Initiative, click on this link
*https://intpolicydigest.org/2020/01/15/the-lome-initiative-and-addressing-the-false-medicines-epidemic-sweeping-across-africa/
<https://intpolicydigest.org/2020/01/15/the-lome-initiative-and-addressing-the-false-medicines-epidemic-sweeping-across-africa/>*

*Time 5:10 GMT and 6:30GMT.*

*We shall keep you posted in case of any changes.*

Michael