PHM-Exch> Paper: 'Why public health care is better'

Anneleen De Keukelaere anneleen at phmovement.org
Thu Apr 18 06:21:28 PDT 2019

Dear all,

Viva Salud, a Belgian ngo, just finished a new paper on the threats of privatizations in the health sector.

The paper can be downloaded for free:

English: http://en.vivasalud.be/news/paper-why-public-health-care-better

French: http://fr.vivasalud.be/news/dossier%C2%A0-pourquoi-les-soins-de-sant%C3%A9-publics-sont-meilleurs

Dutch: http://nl.vivasalud.be/news/paper-waarom-publieke-gezondheidszorg-beter

The paper deconstructs 6 often heard misconceptions about the supposed benefits of bringing the market into health care.
Based on research and case studies from all over our planet, we learn why privatizations don't lead to more efficiency, quality, health care workers nor equality.
The paper also shows hopeful examples of victories by social movements, and talks about the alternatives that we can demand.

We hope you enjoy the paper, and that it can contribute to your struggles.
Feel free to share it over any fora you want. Also happy to hear your feedback via julie at vivasalud.be <mailto:julie at vivasalud.be>

In solidarity,

Julie Steendam