PHM-Exch> Fwd: next RCEP meeting date and deadline for statement signature

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat Jan 26 01:05:56 PST 2019

The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (*RCEP*) is a proposed free
trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of the Association of
Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos,
Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) and the
six Asia-Pacific states with which ASEAN has existing free trade agreements
(Australia, China, India, Japan ...)

From: Belinda Townsend <belinda.townsend at anu.edu.au>

 I think it makes sense to extend signature deadline for the civil society
statement against RCEP to maybe the 20th Feb.

We currently have 59 signatures so far.  The statement of opposition
is attached to this email and sign on is via this google form:
https://goo.gl/forms/MnNQzSx7LijV26FU2

Please circulate the statement and sign-on link with groups in your
countries. The statement covers a wide range of issues including access to
medicines, women and gender, climate change, food security, working
conditions etc and it would be great if we can get groups working on these
issues to sign on.

Do we know if someone from civil society can present the statement if there
is a stakeholder round in Bali?