PHM-Exch> resisting privatization: Occupying hospitals in Sweden

Leigh Haynes lkamoreh at gmx.com
Mon Dec 10 03:28:44 PST 2018

Hi everyone,

In an ongoing project, PHM-North America is collecting stories from around the world of movements that have organized successful movements to protect their public health services. From these movements and their campaigns we can learn lessons to reinforce and inspire our own work to achieve public, accessible, affordable health care for all.

With the awesome support of Mia Appelbäck from PHM-Scandinavia, we spoke with Simone Granberg and Sebastian Gunnesson from Sweden, who are fighting back against their government’s decisions to cut health services in their communities. Simone and Sebastian have participated in years-long occupations of their local hospitals in the towns of Dorotea and Sollefteå in the north of the country.

You can listen to our conversation with Simone, Sebastian, and Mia as well as read more about the occupations here: bit.ly/2L6qL2X <http://bit.ly/2L6qL2X>

This is the second installment we’ve been able to produce for this project. You can read more about the project and listen to the previous story from England here: bit.ly/resistingprivatization <http://bit.ly/resistingprivatization>

Please contact us if you would like to work with us to share your movement’s success story in stopping privatization of health services or to connect us with folks you know who might be interested.

Thank you!

In solidarity,
Baj (PHM-Canada) & Leigh (PHM-USA)